Wednesday, December 24, 2008

It's Christmas Eve


The kids energy level is so high right now!  It's Christmas Eve and our tradition is to open up one small present after dinner.  The boys are already asking if you can change it to now.  It is 8:50am so it will be a long day.  We decorated our tree about a week ago, it had been up for quite awhile but with Daddy's travel, school and sport activities we finally had a free night last week.  The kids love to look at all the ornament's and remember the story of each one.  Yaya was very curious with what was going on and loved to look and touch the tree and pretty lights.  She has done very well and has not bothered the tree.  The first picture below is a gift that was sent to from a gift exchange last Christmas online.  I dont know who the sender was but it is very special to me and will always remind me of our very long wait for our daughter/sister.

The older boys have talked us into going to midnight Mass tonight.  We have my husbands Mother here so we will put the two little ones to bed and head out about 11:00pm.  We usually get home around 2:00am finish a few stocking things then off to bed.  Then we only have a few hours of sleep.

What a special Christmas this will be having Ava here with us, it is still so hard to believe after three years of waiting.  I am so grateful for all of Gods blessings to my family and for the birth of his only son on Christmas Day!  May you all have a very blessed Christmas!!  Happy Birthday Jesus.


We pray for Ava's birth parents always!


  Hanging her first ornament!


Keaton helping with the ornaments


Soren hanging ornaments

2 comments:

Dita said...

Well, I'll be......

I followed your entire journey in China on your adoption website and hung on every word. When you got home I just couldn't figure out if you had a blog or if you posted it and I somehow missed it.
I sure have missed following up with your beautiful family and that gorgeous little girl you called YaYa.
I am so thrilled to have found your blog (through the adoption site for Cole) and I will be back to peruse your site from top to bottom as soon as I get some rest from the holiday festivities!

Congratulations on your first Christmas home with Ava and your boys!

Come visit us on our blog
www.ditasdarlings.blogspot.com

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

Congratulations on your first Christmas home with Ava : ) What a beautiful post! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!!!! Kids make Christmas so fun don't they!

 
© Mei Meis and Mayhem