Monday, April 12, 2010

Making jewelry for travel costs!!

I have been making jewelry for over 20 years!! I have never sold a piece until this year!! I have done it as a hobby to make gifts for friends and family. I have finally decided to use my talents to make some pieces to sell for our travel expenses to China.

I have many designs that Im doing but here a some pictures of a few that I have made recently! I plan on attaching a jewelry blog to this blog soon but it takes time and money! ha So if you are interested just contact me here!

I going to focusing on "sterling silver" stamped custom jewelry and "pure silver" handmade designs! I specializing in adoptions necklaces from China, Africa and just "adoption" in general. Im also doing Any occasion jewelry too!!

Below are a few samples of recent orders. I have had some success on Facebook and have sold about 10 necklaces so far and just had a few more orders come in today!!

My prices start at $25 and go up from there, depending the amount of silver in the piece!

** Please note that these are all made by hand, no machines or cookie cutters so each piece will be totally different and unique!!!



All sterling silver and crystal $52



Africa necklace "pure silver" and hand patina $80
price goes down with different chain or leather cord. Can also add a hand stamped name tag of your child with birthdate or referral date!



Chinese Character for Love. Handmade "pure silver" $75. Can add a hand stamped tag with childs name and/or birthday



Long tag, hammered heart and birthstone $43



"Born in my heart" adoption necklace. $58 with birthstones and ladybug charm, $55 without.





$45-$55 depending what charm is hanging from it. Can be pearl or birthstone or name tag.
"pure silver" and hand patina.


Your kids names! $25 for chain and 1 tag, extra $10 for every additional tag added!!



"Lucky" $40, can add childs name too!


I have some more styles but I cant post them right now because they are gifts and people read the blog! :-)

Looking for something you dont see here?? Send your question my way and I would love to make a beautiful piece just for you or someone special!!

I will add more pictures when I can. Thanks so much for supporting our adoption!!


8 comments:

Jodi said...

Ohhh April! I sooo need one! I am running out the door right now - but I want one with all the names - can we add another name after we decide on our sons name? I have been shopping for one of these necklaces and haven't found the perfect necklace and seller until now! :) Yeah!!!! I will get back to you this evening!
Love them all!

TanyaLea said...

April!...I didn't know you did this!!! I LOVE your creations and this is definitely going on my "Mother's Day" wish list! You should consider doing a Mother's Day promotion once your new sight is up and running. Maybe just create another blog for your shop in the meantime!?! Just a thought. Does Etsy cost to use? I'm not sure. Your work is beautiful and I know I want to support you. Once you have a button or something, let me know and I would love to post it on my blog for you!

Blessings and Hugs,
~Tanya

Shanna said...

April, I LOVE the necklace that you made for me!!! I get compliments constantly when I wear it..... wich is all of the time!! It truly is a special piece of jewerly. I am blessed to have such a talented and sweet bloggy friend!
BTW~ Kai is doing great, but Chrissy is having a tough time. All in all, they are doing well. I really should update my neglected blog :)

Terri said...

WOW April, how cool, love them, I want one!!! I think it would be a perfect Mothers Day gift. I will have to show my husband, but we need to agree on a name first for the new addition!

Also, I noticed you got answers back from Gemma that is GREAT, how exciting!!! I am sure you are getting so anxious to meet her in person!!!

Annie said...

Your jewelry is truly beautiful, April! I'm really admiring how unique it is. Honestly, they are very special pieces. I look forward to the piece you made for me! I have to say, after I raise all of my money for our adoption, I will probably order another one from you!

Unknown said...

They are beautiful! I pray you sell a bunch of them!!!

Dita said...

Stunning....you are so incredibly talented.

I love all the designs and your amazing creative side that just makes each of these so unique.

wena said...

Hi! I got your name & info from a friend (leda) of a friend (desiree). I want one! Pls email me:rowenarowena@hotmail.com

 
© Mei Meis and Mayhem