Sunday, December 13, 2009

What's a girl to do with so many "Hair Bows"??????

SUPPLY LIST

1. Any size canvas

2. Some fun funky fabric (to cover the canvas)

3. Some fun and funky ribbon

4. Scissors

5. Staple gun

6. Tape measure

7. Picture Hangers for the back on the canvas

8. A Hot Hubby (to be your tool man)

9. Cute little girl (to help measure)

10. Lots and Lots of Hair bows!!



Okay so after being a Mom to 4 boys, I really had no idea how many hair accessories I would start to collect?? I purchased some, received many as gifts and Ava does some modeling in return for FREE flower clips, headbands and hats.

For the last 15 months they have been collecting on my bathroom counter top and multiplying by the 10's!!

I finally decided to do a search on the internet to help me think of something that would organize all these bows and flowers. I came across the cutest idea ever!!

It took less than an hour to throw together and it is pretty inexpensive, especially if you hit the craft store on a 50% off everything sale like I did!! My canvas is about 22X28 inches. For the canvas, fabric and ribbon, it cost about $17!! I already had the picture hanger and other tools.

Since Ava is 2 1/2 and still gets into things, I knew I wanted to display her hair bows in my room/bathroom, plus that is usually where we do her hair every day. So I purchased fabrics and ribbons that would match my decor.

Enjoy the pictures of our step by step process!!!




My messy bathroom counter top! And this is not even all of them!!



Materials



Getting ready to start!!



"Hot Tool Man" Helper!!



Cutting off extra fabric before pulling taut to staple



That "Hot Tool Man" again, folding the fabric over to staple



Figuring out ribbon spacing



Ribbons spaced, stapled behind canvas and ready to attach hanger to the back



The "Hot Tool Man" and "Cute little girl" to help measure the hangers on the back



Hanger attached!!



Hung on the wall and ready for hair accessories



All done with room to spare!!!!


These would make great Birthday or Holiday gifts for the special little or big girl in your life.

**Next project- What to do with all those cute headbands???? You will love it, check back soon!









10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay! Now that is absolutely brilliant! Nice work, it's gorgeous!

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

Thank you for solving my most recent problem! I love this idea!!!!!

You have a beautiful family!

Blessings,
Robin

Shanna said...

Wow! that is so cool!!!
Chloe's hair bows are all in a big zip lock bag :(
After having four girls, you would think that I would've figured out something like this! haha!

Casey said...

Welcome to the dark side!! The bows!!

That is soooo cute!! Love it and it would make an excellent gift. Great idea!!

I put up ribbons in Em's armoire and hung them in that but they are not staying too well. I have them color coordinated and my dh makes so much fun of me. It's nice to know I'm not alone :)

Anonymous said...

I love this! Looks like a great project to tackleduring the Christmas holidays. Thanks for sharing.

Jodi said...

So cute!!! I think we need to make one this holiday season too - I even have fabric to recycle! :)
Thanks for sharing!!

reyfam1994 said...

Great idea April! I look forward to seeing it in person next time I come over.

Football and Fried Rice said...

I saw this when you posted it and thought WOW - you are so creative and it holds a TON!! I have one, but it is FULL. I think before I brought up making another bow holder, my husband would suggest {{gasp}} purging the bows!

I shall keep it a secret :)

Unknown said...

April that is GORGEOUS!

Wow that is a LOT of hair bows!

Not sure we could even half fill it up. But I might try to make a smaller one. The girls would love something like that in their room!

Thanks for sharing the idea and how too!

Blessings,
Jill

Lisa in CO, USA said...

I love this idea! Maybe I'll get to make one of those soon!

 
© Mei Meis and Mayhem