Thursday, February 25, 2010

Flashback Fridays


(July 29th, 2008)


Thought I would start doing Flashback Friday to share an old photo.

This picture was taken of Ava and I on "Adoption Day" the day after Gotcha Day. We went back to finalize the adoption and she was forever ours!! It was soooo hot in this building, I was so sweaty!

I cant believe how much she has changed in 18 months. She was so little here. Her hair was so short but after 4 boys that bow was going in her hair even if I had to super glue it! ha

She was not too sure about me and really took to her Daddy. It took her about a month to feel some what comfortable with me. After waiting for so long it was so hard that first month. It finally took Daddy going back to work full time for her to look to me for comfort.




9 comments:

Casey said...

What a little sweetheart... don't you wish they could stay that little forever!! :)

Kim said...

Love the idea of Flashback Friday! Thank you for this precious post and stroll down memory lane!
Love & Blessings from Hong Kong,
Kim

Anonymous said...

How precious! Isn't it amazing to see how quickly our little ones change?
Really makes me want to savor each and every moment.

Jodi said...

I love this idea of Flash back friday!
Since I haven't known you that long I'm excited to get to know you and y'all past!

What a sweetie! What a long month for you! Jorja decided I wasn't so bad when Dad didn't prepare her food and toys on the airplane home from China.

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

What a beautiful picture!! She was so tiny..... so much changes in 18 months:) I bet that first month was so difficult..... I am trying to prepare myself for that transition period.

You will be heading back to China pretty soon!! I bet you are so excited!!

Enjoy your weekend:)

xo,

Lisa

Dita said...

I was right there with you that day and I remember this shot. I was at my computer screen at work EVERY single day checking in on you guys that whole trip...I remember all the amazing blogging you guys did on that trip.

Ava has blossomed and I can't believe she was ever not with you!

Hugs,
Dita

Our family: said...

So sweet!!!

I wanted to share a fundraising idea with you that my friend had yesterday. Maybe you saw it already.
http://mycupoverfloweth.blogspot.com/
It was very successful!

Blessings,
Lydia

Bailey said...

Hello fellow Holt family. What a beautiful photo. It is amazing how our little ones often attach to one parent or the other. With our DD#1, she attached to me and would not go to DH unless I was in the room. That changed though when I got very ill after we came back home and ended up in the hospital. The event forced DD and DH to spent time together. She quickly realized that DH wasn't half bad! Awwwwww, memories!

Congrats!

Chris said...

What a sweet picture!!!

Your post inspired me to do the "Flashback Friday" thing....
So much fun!!

Thanks for sharing!!

 
© Mei Meis and Mayhem