Tuesday, September 16, 2008

What a week!









I tell my self I want to post more then the day gets away from me and by evening I am wiped out!! We are officially into our 2nd week of school and the boys are loving it. We were all done with summer break and it is so nice having a routine again even if we do have to get up at 6:00am every morning. Keaton loves his Pre-K class and his teaches rock!! We had a bad preschool experience last year so this year is going to be great, I can already tell.

Preston is in 8th grade this year his last year before heading to High School. I cant believe I will be the mother of a High School student it does not seem possible. He is really loving being the top dogs in the school and they will be the first graduating class of the new school building. We also get to take a trip to Washington DC this Spring. I cant wait, that is one part of the country I have never been to and I am sure it will be a blast.

Soren is my 5th grader this year. He has the most wanted 5th grade teacher in the school so he is stoked. Soren also has his best friend in his class again this year which is totally awesome for them. This is his last year before Junior High. Soren is also taking band for the first time this year. We just went out today and rented his trumpet. Five kids and a trumpet in the house, we are in trouble!! We have some crabby neighbors behind us that dont like kids or animals and have caused us a lot of grief the last 1 1/2 years so maybe this would be a good time to start practicing trumpet in the backyard!! hehe

Gavin is in 4th grade this year. He too has an awesome teacher. He loves school and is such a good student. He is our Honor Roll kid of the family. He was the most excited to get back to school and start the routine. Gavin is really loving the new school building and being back with all his buddies.

Keaton is my big Pre-K this year. He was old enough to start Kindergarten but we made the decision to wait one more year. He is going full day and loves it. We had him in half day the first week but it was really hard with Yaya nap schedule and driving back and forth three times a day was hard on the gas budget. We live about 7 miles one way from the school and there is no bus system. He is loving it and is having a blast.

Last but not least Yaya (Ava) is the only one home during the day. Right now is still warm and beautiful outside so we spend a lot of time out there during the day. She loves to roam around outside and gets upset if we have to come back in. For the most part she takes really good naps every afternoon for about 3 hrs. This is heaven and I can usually accomplish something or take a nap myself if it has been a rough night. She is such a busy girl and does not stop. She is into everything, every door, cupboard, basket, if it opens she is in it. She also climbs everything she can and enjoys giving mommy a heart attack when she almost falls. The boys were never like this so it has been very hard and I am wiped out by the end of every day! Yaya also had her ped cardio check up last week. She did not like that at all, poor baby was so upset. The Dr. said the repair looked good for her ToF but did have a leaky valve which he said was common for the way they do the surgery in China. So she will have to go back every 6-12 months and in about 3-10 years she will have to have another surgery to correct the valve. She has no restrictions which is good because she would not have it. Yaya also got baptized last week, she did pretty good and even gave the priest a high five when he held his hand out over her head and prayed.

Well this weekend we came down with our first colds of the school year. We had gone on a mini vacation for three days and all the kids were miserable. Everyone has had it except me, my body has been fighting it pretty hard, but I hope I am winning. I have been taking some natural meds and tons of vitamin C, Garlic, and Zinc. I know I probably dont smell really good right now but hey it is keeping it away and that is all that matters.

I am going to try really hard to keep this up more often. I am pretty new to this and do not have a big following but hopefully those that read enjoy it. :-)


























2 comments:

Nicole said...

love the pix. Ava giving the Priest a high-five. so funny!

nicole

Rebecca Lily said...

I laughed about the high five too. :) That was funny!!

You are a busy mommy... I can relate!!

Love all of the clothes you put on Ava. Are you having too much fun with girl shopping???!!!!

xoxo

 
© Mei Meis and Mayhem