Friday, March 19, 2010

WE DID IT!!!

Major thanks to all the kind and generous people that donated!!

WE DID IT!!!

We raised $10,000 for our adoption. If you look at the side bar and add up the chip in and donations by mail the grand total is $10,214!!!

We are in complete awe of the miracles God preforms and so humbled!!

So as soon as we get our credit this year, each non-profit listed in the sidebar will be receiving a check for $2,500!!!

I can not wait to make a video of signing and mailing those checks!!

Gemma here we come sweetheart!!



Also we just received the most fantastic email from our agency last night. They ask the kids from the Journey of Hope program what would help them not feel so scared when they are adopted. One young boy said he would love a video of his family, home, neighborhood, town, school and daily routine.

So we have an assignment to make a video and have it mailed in the next couple of weeks!!! We are beyond excited and cant believe in a few short weeks Gemma will be seeing our faces and know who we are!!! Im on cloud 9!! This will be such a fun project for our family to do together!!

They will present each child with their video and give it to them to watch as many times as they like until we go get her in about 6 months.



THANKS AGAIN FROM THE BOTTOM OF OUR HEARTS!!

12 comments:

day by day said...

How wonderful!!! So very happy for you...can't wait to follow your journey to your sweet daughter!!

TanyaLea said...

Oh how WONDERFUL! I am so happy for you and your family!! Gemma will be home soon! PTL!!!

GOD IS FAITHFUL...ALWAYS! <><

Jodi said...

Yeah God! :) He blessings are overflowing!

How awesome to be able to make this video! That is so cool!

Unknown said...

Wow! That is so awesome! I haven't been following your blog very long, but I am overjoyed with you :) Anytime I think of one of God's children finding a forever home with a believing family, my heart leaps! I bet you just can't wait to have her in your arms! God is so, so good!!!

Shanna said...

That is THE BEST news!! Wooo Hooo!

Chris said...

I am so very happy for you all!!!

Good is so God!!!!

Chris said...

oops...

I meant to say *God is so Good!*

(I'm still on my first cup of coffee!!! lol)

Stefanie said...

AMAZING!! Praising God for His provision... what a blessing that Gemma will be coming home soon!!
And I LOVE that you will be giving back to others who care for the orphan in China! May He bless all your efforts :)

Jill said...

Congrats! That is so exciting. What is also exciting is the tale we heard from Marlo of your trip. Only with Marlo do crazy things happen like that. Wish I could have been there.

Dita said...

I am absolutely blown away and overjoyed for you!

I can't even imagine what a relief it is to know that the funds are in the bank and soon Gemma will be in her family's arms.

I LOVE the idea of a video for the children. Oh, I can only imagine that Gemma's will be the BEST ever with the creativity in that family.


Who is going to China this time? I can't WAIT to follow along....
such an exciting time for all of you.

My prayers and heart is with you!

xoxoox
DITA

Michelle R Photography said...

Congratulations!! What a special gift for her and to you, to be able to send video. Have fun creating the video!!

Lynn said...

Wonderful!!


xoxo,

Lynn

 
© Mei Meis and Mayhem