Friday, March 12, 2010

Flashback Fridays


Gavin, his car, metal and goofy face!


Milk carton


Missing self portrait picture! ha


Well this is only from a couple months ago but I never blog enough about my boys! First of all they never want their picture taken so that makes it harder. If I do take their picture they usually make some goofy face.

This is Gavin and he is my 10 1/2 year old. This was his last Pinewood Derby in Cub Scouts because a few weeks ago he crossed over to Boy Scouts. He joins his two older brothers, which makes 3 Boy Scouts now.

Gavin did a great job on his car and got the "Most Creative" metal for it. Sadly it was not a very fast car! ha He decided on a milk carton and even put a missing picture of himself on it!!

(Mom, I know he needs a haircut. Im so bad at arranging haircuts for my boys!!)

7 comments:

Shanna said...

Too funny! Congrats on "most creative"! Great job!
BTW~I think his hair is perfect :)

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Congrats to Gavin on being awarded with "Most Creative" He looks so cute and so proud of his car:)

Oh gosh... can I so relate on the boys not wanting to have their picture taken. Nick is the same way!! I try to get him when I can:)

Enjoy your weekend!

xo,

Lisa

Unknown said...

I love the idea of a milk carton...too cute.

My boys need haircuts SO bad too...I can't seem to schedule them either!!

Jodi said...

That is great! Love the creativity!

Dita said...

Now THIS is just the most creative car I have ever seen. I was cracking up with his "missing" picture on it....I am so glad he won the prize for it...heck, anyone can win for speed!

I know the goofy face situation...my 10 1/2 year old does the SAME thing to me and it burns me up...but he's only 10 1/2 once, right?

I solved the haircut problem around here....I learned to cut it myself...no books, just trial and error. I do both JR's and my son's hair....if they ever go to a real barber they complain that they don't do it like I do it. How's that for training them (AND saving myself $40+) every month!

Now, if I can only learn to cut my own!

Sara said...

Just found your blog through Jodi's.

Congratulations on your fundraising efforts!!! How awesome is that??? $10,000 is incredible. WOW!!

Can I ask what you did for fundraising? Sorry if you have posts on it, you could just leave me a link to the posts :-)

Unknown said...

That's great, Gavin! I can see why you got the most creative prize. I especially like the missing child idea...the whole thing is very detailed. Who cares if it didn't win, bet you had tons of fun making it!

 
© Mei Meis and Mayhem