Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Black and White Wednesday



Here's a little photo of what looks like a lonely desert road. Truth is, I had to dodge traffic to get this shot. This road parallels the Colorado River on the way to Moab, UT. The background is Castle Valley. These buttes are actually a couple hundred miles north of Monument Valley, but they are scattered all over Eastern Utah. This area to me is Heaven on Earth. Endless recreation opportunities! In fact, it was due to another motorcycle trip that we were here.

Then there's this one. I thought the layers in the scene were fabulous and had to dismount to shoot it. LaSalle Mountains in the distance, Canyonlands in the foreground.



This one was of some smaller buttes long the White Rim trail in Canyonlands, near Moab.


Standing next to a precipice about 2,000 ft deep. Got my chest pouch on for my SLR - invaluable as long as you don't wreck or drop an expensive lens out the back of your tailbag. (yep, I did that once)

For more B&W's visits Lisa's page, The Long Road to China.





19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool pictures! Hang on to that equipment!

Tezzie said...

Absolutely stunning photographs...made for black and white! And, what an awesome trip to have made, I might add! Wow!

Unknown said...

Awesome shots, and I mean awesome!!! Makes me want to hit the road and check out all of God's amazing scenery. And I know I've told you this before, but I still love your blog header. And you way too young to have older kiddos!!! :) Beautiful family!

Mom2Isabel said...

Wow. What amazing shots.
the landscape is spectacular and so different from flat Florida!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful pictures! Thank you for stopping by my blog...I will keep your family in my prayers as you journey to Gemma!

Blessings, Ashley

Donna said...

These are amazing! I love the first one with the slightly irregular road. Gorgeous!

Donna
Our Blog: Double Happiness!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Oh no, you did not drop a lens out that back.....that must have been so upsetting!!

Gorgeous photos!! I love them all, but that first one is FABULOUS!! It almost feels 3 dimensional!

Thank you for playing along:)

Have a wonderful week!

Lisa

Wanda said...

Oh.My.Goodness!! These shots are gorgeous. I'll say a little piece of heaven. Wow!

Lisa said...

Absolutely FANTASTIC!!! Shots...WOW!!!

Kim said...

Thanks for stopping by today! I love the shots you posted. We love to travel, this would be amazing to see in real life.

Unknown said...

I've never been anywhere close to the west, or even midwest (although I have traveled along the entire East Coast too many times to count). The landscape looks so beautiful and natural, especially the way you photographed it.

Serline said...

Gorgeous landscapes! Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos!

ellieshine said...

Spectacular. These are just breathtaking shots!! all of them. Just wondering how you edit as I love love love the "color" in these.

Can't stop looking at them. WOW.

Anonymous said...

Stunning! We hope to travel out west sometime ... it always looks so gorgeous in pictures!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful scenery! We have nothing like this in the Northeast. Just breathtaking!

Dita said...

No question...the layers in these really do make them look 3Dimensional.

Geez, Sean...is there anything you CAN'T do??

Mei Mei s and Mayhem said...

Thanks everybody, photography is one of my [too many] hobbies. Sean

Unknown said...

Wow. April, these are just beautiful! I am glad I got to see them in color too. Very stunning! What a great trip! Isn't our world so amazing? Fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Those are great! It makes you want to get on the road and see where it goes. I really do like them in color too!

Congrats on raising $10,000 for your adoption!!! God is good!

 
© Mei Meis and Mayhem