Monday, September 22, 2008

Monday, Monday, Monday









Back to the school week again.  This week will be no different than the rest; busy, busy.  This week we have school open houses, starting tonight with the middle school.  Preston seems to be doing much better this year.  His teachers said he has really matured and grown up over the summer and is taking his work more seriously.  We are three weeks into school so lets hope he keeps it up!!
Tomorrow night the younger boys have their open house.  They are very excited to show off some of what they have been doing so far in school.  
We also have many appointments this week including Ortho, Chiro and Yaya's appt at the Children's Hospital.  She will be going in for a post adoption evaluation.  There will be about 5 different doctors that specialize in different fields take a look at her and see how she is doing in all areas.  It should be very interesting and I think they will be surprised how advanced she is for her age.  The only concern will be her speech but heck she has only been hearing English for 2 months now so all and all I think it is okay.  There will be no needles involved so hopefully she will enjoy it.
I cant believe how beautiful it has been the last couple of weeks.  We have been spending a lot of time outside enjoying the summer weather that is still hanging around.  I took a tub of water outside the other day with a little cup and just let Yaya play with it.  We kept it filled with warm water and she really had fun.  She got pretty wet so towards the end she stripped down to her diaper.  We had fun getting our vitamin D for the day.
I am enjoying everyday as much as I can.  My hubby travels a lot for his job and he has been home for 2 months straight which has been awesome.  Family life is so much smoother with all these kids when both of us are home every evening.  Starting on the 29th it will be back to the airport for him.  I think he will be home only one full week in October so I better finish my honey do list for him!  I am not looking forward to it and I will be one exhausted Mommy!!  It becomes very challenging with school, boy scouts, cub scouts and sports.  Plus you really never get the down time and when everyone is finally sleeping you are so tired you want to crash too.  I am not a morning person so the morning school routine is the hardest for me when he is gone.  And if it has been a bad night with one of the kids then we are usually walking through the school door late!  So here's to one more week before even more craziness begins!!

0 comments:

 
© Mei Meis and Mayhem