Wednesday, April 29, 2009

All is well

Waiting for surgery and riding around the hospital


Lovin the Happy Juice Meds!!


Seeing Mommy and Daddy for the first time after surgery


Very tired and out of sorts, saying good bye to Mommy


All is good and ready to go home this afternoon



I first want to say Thank you for all the prayers and thoughts!!  We are all back home today!

All is well! My hubby is staying at the hospital with her last night and  I stayed home with our other 4 kiddos. She got upset when I left but my  husband said she fell asleep fast after I left. They ballooned her artery but it did not do much good. They decided not to put a stent in yet  because they dont want her to out grow it. ( she is a big girl and he  thought she would out grow it too fast) The blood flow seems to be  good and the lung buds look good too. Everything looked better than  what they saw on the echo last month. She has a bend in her artery  that is limiting the blood flow so they will continue to watch that  but the doc said he did not want to put a stent in until she is about  6 years old. She also has no valve so 100 percent of her blood gets  pumped out and 50 percent goes back and leaks into the heart! So they  will have to keep a close eye on that and watch her heart size. She  will probably need a valve in a couple years maybe sooner. All and  all things turned out for the better and we are very happy! Thanks so  much for all the thoughts and prayers, it meant so much to our  family. 

She is back to being a little fireball and running around like crazy!!  It is amazing how fast these little ones bounce back!  God is good and we are so happy that everything turned out so well.

We have some hilarious video of her after they gave her the happy juice meds before surgery.  She was so funny just giggling and drooling, I think she was seeing things, we were just cracking up, it really helped to lighten the mood.

Here are some pictures from the hospital......

14 comments:

Denise said...

So glad everything went well! Amazing how they do bounce back so quickly...

Sara said...

Yay Ava!! What a little trooper...I'm glad everything went well.

Dita said...

I am thrilled!!! I'm so glad that Ava is home and all is well!

Denise Grover Swank said...

I love the pictures!!! I'm so happy that things turned out relatively positive.

Jessica Paige said...

I am so glad to hear Ava is doing well and back home1 It is amazing how quickly they bounce back :)

Kim said...

Incredible that she is back home and up and running so soon. Trust that you will keep us posted. What a privilege to pray for Ava's healing!

Kristi J said...

i just found your blog...Your family is beautiful...We're adopting for baby #5 right now. Praying for your daughter, kristi

Mei Mei s and Mayhem said...

Thanks everyone, for your prayers and checking in!!!

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

so glad that everything went well. Poor baby {{{[hug}}}
The polka dot capri's are made of 100% cotton...the fabric is Moda. I love them!!! I am going to make a pair for Addison. These were supposed to be for Addison but I accidentally cut out a 2 instead of the 4 =: 0
oh well LOL

Shannon said...

I love that happy juice! ;-) Glad everything went well for Ava.

Shonni said...

Hello and thank you for visiting our blog. Yes, the park we go to is not far from you...the park name is Homestead Ranch Park. We are off of Meridian and Woodlake Road and it is only about 5 min.east for us. We love it!!! If you can't find the directions for it let me know and we'll get them for you!

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

Hey April. I am sorry I have not gotten back to you about the pants. We have been really sick. I will measure the pants and shoot you a note. I did make them capri length. I made the ruffle a bit shorter : )
I will measure the inseam and outseam for you. They are really cute. I am in love with the fabric!! I think they will look adorable with a little white tank top or a white dress...: )
Here is my email if you want to shoot me a note.
Moonma148@AOL.com

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

April....the inseam is 8 1/2" and the outseam is 15" (rom waistband to bottom of ruffle).
Hope this helps! : )

Doug and Terrye said...

Love the pics! My niece (7 yrs old) just had a pacemaker put in. It is wonderful to see them up and running circles around everyone :)

Terrye in FL

 
© Mei Meis and Mayhem