Saturday, September 26, 2009

Some of the many reasons I did not have time to blog this summer!


Two years ago April 29th my very good friend and sister in law past away suddenly. This was a very sad day but for us a happy one too because it is my oldest sons Birthday. We talked so many times during the week and shared parenting, laughs and tears. Ever since Marie had her first child Sean and I would fly her to visit us every summer. The day she died she left behind a husband and three young daughters ages 7, 6, 2 years old. Sean I have continued the tradition for the girls of bringing them to our home every summer. We miss last summer because we were preparing for China. They usually stay about a month with us. We have a blast but it makes for a very busy summer with no energy by the end of the day to even think about blogging. ha So we had quite the Brady Bunch family this summer; 4 boys and 4 girls. My little 1 year old nephew visited for a week too!! The day before everyone left we took some quick pictures and Im sharing two of them below. We look forward to it every summer. We had many other visitors this summer too; Bother and sister in law for a week, Mother in law for a week, Father in law and Step Mother in law for a week, my parents for a week, my brother for a week, and we took a family vacation to the mountain for a week when every one left! Whewwww! Then school started the beginning of August. Crazy!! So that gives you a little idea of why we were not in the blogging world this summer. :-)




6 comments:

Shanna said...

I am touched in so many ways..
precious are those sweet babes. may God bless each one beyond imagination!

Mei Mei s and Mayhem said...

Thanks. My sister in law starting having flu symptoms one day that got worse and worse. She lives in a very small town and they did not figure out in time what was going on. She passed away a couple of days after getting sick. Come to find out her blood was clotting for some reason and they said she came down with something called TTP. It is something that is survivable but you have to catch it right away and have a plasma transfusion. They were treating her for flu and what they thought was kidney issues instead. She ended having a heart attack when a clot went through her heart. It is all just tragic and very very sad for those little girls, she was their everything!!

Dita said...

Good LORD, girl, you are forgiven!

What a handsome bunch of "Brady's" you had!

Loved the pictures. Looks like you had an incredible summer and so did ALL of the kids!

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

I am so sorry about the loss of your SIL {{{hug}}} I had no idea.
I love the pictures of all the children...how beautiful!!!!

Casey said...

I'm so sorry about your loss. I can't imagine. How wonderful you are able to spend so much quality time with her girls. But- yes... I bet you are BUSY. They are just beautiful.

Kim said...

I am so touched by this post on so many different levels. I am so sorry for the loss of your SIL. What a special tradition for your nieces to send their summers with you. The photos of your "Brady Bunch" are adorable!

 
© Mei Meis and Mayhem